Last week Cassie of Book Reviews & Haikus nominated me for The Versatile Blogger Award. Thank you so much! 🙂
The rules of this award are:
- Thank your nominator
- Share the award on your blog
- State 7 things about yourself
- Choose 10 new nominees who have fewer than 300 followers
- Notify them via social media
Here are 7 things about me:
- I have an AAS (Associate of Applied Science) degree in Culinary Arts. My class got to cook with Robert Irvine and Michael Chiarello when they came to a neighbouring town for Restaurant Impossible. I lost a lot of respect for Robert Irvine and most TV personalities after that day.
- I hated reading once I got into middle school because of the Accelerated Reading Program. For those who don’t know what that is; books were worth a certain amount of points depending on their reading level, and after you read a book you had to take a test. Each student had a number of points they had to get each quarter varying from 20 to 100+ depending on their level of intelligence. I had to get around 60 points, but the only books I was interested in back then were only worth 3-6 points each, and I read super slow back then. At the end of the quarter, those who reached their AR point goal got to go to the movies… I missed out on a lot of movies. Thankfully AR was dropped once I got into high school. I didn’t touch a book for pleasure again until I was fifteen… And that book was Twilight. It reminded me how fun reading could be.
- I have a HUGE crush on the Property Brothers, especially Johnathan. *sigh* I’m really upset that I can’t make it to BookCon this year. If you go, please take lots of pictures and show me. 😛
- I’ve lived in the same house my entire life. A lot of people find that weird.
- I can play cello, piano, ukulele, and bass. I was actually first chair cellist all throughout school.
- I’m 24 years old and I don’t know how to drive. It terrifies me.
- I used to have really bad OCD where I’d count all my steps, chewing, movements, etc and had to end on an increment of five.
- I don’t know how to view how many followers someone has. So if you’re following me and have less than 300 followers, do this!