1. Do you have a certain place at home for reading?
I read in the chair in my family room during the day, and in my bed at night.
2. Bookmark or random piece of paper?
3. Can you just stop reading or do you have to stop after a chapter/ a certain amount of pages?
I prefer stopping at a chapter or chapter break, but I can stop whenever I need to.
4. Do you eat or drink while reading?
I usually drink tea, cold or hot depending on my mood. Sometimes I’ll eat granola bars and cheddar popcorn.
5. Multitasking: Music or TV while reading?
I used to listen to Zoe Keating, but now I prefer to read in silence. If no one is home and my house is too quiet, I’ll turn HGTV or Food Network on very quietly.
6. One book at a time or several at once?
For the past year I’ve been slowly reading the Outlander series while reading other books between chapters.
7. Reading at home or everywhere?
I have a really difficult time reading in public. If I’m going somewhere, I usually bring a handheld video game to pass the time. I really need to put the Outlander audiobooks onto my iPod.
8. Reading out loud or silently in your head?
It’s kind of weird, but I read fiction silently, and will read non-fiction and religious texts quietly out loud. But only if I’m alone.
9. Do you read ahead or even skip pages?
Depends on the book. If I’m not enjoying it, I’ll skip around and read the last chapter.
10. Breaking the spine or keeping it like new?
I like to keep my books in like new condition. Sometimes the spines of paperbacks get little creases on their own and it makes me sad.
11. Do you write in your books?
When I was in high school I would write my name in the front cover of books because a few were stolen from me, but that’s it.