Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created by The Broke and the Bookish. This week’s theme is “Ten Books That Have Been On My Shelf From Before I Started Blogging That I STILL Haven’t Read Yet.”
- The Fall of Lucifer (Chronicles of the Brothers #1) by Wendy Alec: I saw this at a used book store 4-5 years ago, back when I was going through my OMG SUPERNATURAL! phase. It’s a really small book that I could probably read in a day, but I just haven’t been in the mood for that genre.
- The Absolutely True Story of a Part-Time Indian by Sherman Alexi: I heard a lot of great things about this book, but I just haven’t been in the mood for it.
- The Mists of Avalon by Marion Zimmer Bradley: I saw this on Thriftbooks around six years ago and just HAD to have it. The font is so tiny, and the book is so big… Very intimidating. It’s also a pretty long series.
- The Ruins of Gorlan (Ranger’s Apprentice #1) by John Flanagan: This was a complete impulse buy because it was only $1.99 at a used bookstore. When I came home to add it to Goodreads, I realized it was a twelve book series and automatically regretted my life choices.
- Inkheart (Inkworld #1) by Cornelia Funke: This was a series I wanted to read for many years, so I asked for it for Christmas 4-5 years ago… I’ve tried reading Inkheart a few times and just can’t get into it. Plus, this is totally weird and makes me sound crazy, but the texture of the paper and the sound it makes when the pages are turned gives me some weird anxiety teeth gritting feeling.
- The Left Hand of God by Paul Hoffman: A girl recommended this to me on Tumblr in 2010ish… I don’t think I’ve even opened the book.
- The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini: I’ve said this in a previous post, so sorry for repeating myself, but A Thousand Splendid Suns was required reading in my high school Appreciation of Literature class. My teacher told me to read The Kite Runner, so I bought myself a copy. I’m not prepared for whatever hurt it may bring, which is why it’s still unread (by me, at least, my mom has read it).
- The Hound of Rowan (The Tapestry #1) by Henry H. Neff: This was another book I impulsively bought because it was $1.99 at the used book store.
- Terrier (Beka Cooper #1) by Tamora Pierce: Neither my high school or public library had this book, so I bought myself a used copy after my stand partner in orchestra ranted and raved about it. A few years ago I tried reading it, but all the “Puppy” talk got on my nerves.
- The Golden Compass (His Dark Materials #1) by Philip Pullman: I actually purchased the three-volume omnibus because it was another, “OMG THIS IS SO CHEAP!” impulse buy. That day, I also bought the three-volume bind up of Cirque du Freak… Which is also unread. *sigh*
Around 90% of my Goodreads Physical TBR shelf is books I purchased before I started blogging… Yeeeah. I have 57 unread books. That’s not too bad, but still pretty sad.