- The Winner’s Curse by Marie Rutkoski: The Winner’s Curse if the first book in a young adult fantasy dystopia trilogy. From what I’ve read/heard, it’s about a slave owner falling in love with her slave. The third book was released this year, so I can binge read the series if I enjoy it.
- The Girl of Fire and Thorns by Rae Carson: I’ve heard a lot about this trilogy throughout the past few years. All I know is that it’s about a POC chubby/overweight character in a fantasy world.
- The Ruins of Gorlan by John Flanagan: I’ve had this sitting on my shelf for years, I need to read it before I visit my sister for Christmas so I can give it to her boys if I don’t like it.
- The Hound of Rowan by Henry H. Neff: Same commentary as above.
- The Golden Compass by Philip Pullman: Annnnd same. ^^