Originally, I was going to do historical fiction, but I feel like that’s a genre a lot of people will do today.
1) The Wrath &the Dawn by Renee Ahdieh is a retelling of A Thousand and One Nights full of mystery, suspense, magic.
2) Obsidian (Lux series) by Jennifer L. Armentrout is like Twilight, but with Aliens, and a romance that doesn’t check off all the domestic abuse signs.
3) Soulless (Parasol Protectorate series) by Gail Carriger is about a sassy twenty-six year old soulless spinster in a Victorian England full of vampires, werewolves, and ghosts.
4) The Girl of Fire and Thorns (Fire and Thorns Trilogy) by Rae Carson is about a POC overweight princess in Spanish inspired fantasy world.
5) Tiger’s Curse (Tiger’s Saga by Colleen Houck) is another book that will make you nostalgic for Twilight, but instead of vampires, it’s shapeshifting tigers.
6) The Iron King (The Iron Fey series) by Julie Kagawa is about a girl whose brother is kidnapped by faeries, so she goes to Nevernever (aka Faeryland) to save him.
7) A Court of Thorns and Roses (A Court of Thorns and Roses series) by Sarah J Maas is a Beauty and the Beast retelling with fae.
8) Vampire Academy (Vampire Academy series) by Richelle Mead is about a girl who is a dhampir— half vampire, half human— and is training to become a guardian.
9) The Faerie Guardian (Creepy Hollow series) by Rachel Morgan is about a faerie who is training to become a guardian. During one of her assignment, a human follows her back to her realm.
10) Across the Universe (Across the Universe trilogy) by Beth Revis is about a girl who is cryogenically frozen on a ship that is going to a new planet.
Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created by The Broke and the Bookish.