If you like any of these books, please do not take this as a personal attack. Everyone is entitled to their opinions, and we all like/dislike different things!
- Into the Dim – DNF’d at 32%
This was described as “Outlander for teens”, so I was eager to start this. Other than taking place in Scotland and having time travel, it was nothing like Outlander. It was more like Ruby Red, which I personally wasn’t a fan of.
- And I Darken – DNF’d at 41%
An alternate retelling of the Ottoman Empire with insufferable characters and a slow plot.
- Passenger – DNF’d around 1/3 of the way in (don’t remember the page)
The first chapter should have been a sign I wasn’t going to like/finish this book. The book trailer made it look epic… It was an epic snoozefest.
- Addicted to You – DNF’d at 20%
Just not my cup of tea.
- The Queen of the Tearling – DNF’d at 48%
The first bit of the book was really good! Then it just got weird with the Red Queen and her sex slaves.
- That Summer – DNF’d a few chapters in
I got a few chapters into this and couldn’t stop rolling my eyes and cringing. I also hate books about weddings.
- Six of Crows – DNF’d at 31%
Too much talking and planning, not enough action.
- Red Rising – DNF’d at 39%
Put The Uglies and The Hunger Games (both of which I love) on Mars, add some annoying characters, and you have Red Rising.
- Poison Study – DNF’d at 36%
Had I not read Throne of Glass before this series (that SJM clearly ripped off), I probably would have appreciated it, but I kept picturing the main character as Celaena (who I hate).
- Lock and Key – DNF’d 125 pages in
I was bored out of my mind.
- This Lullaby – DNF’d 92 pages in
I couldn’t read another sentence uttered from Dexter’s creepy and annoying mouth.