1) Ancient Egypt, or Egyptian Mythology! I don’t remember how my fascination with Egyptian history and mythology started. I kind of think Stargate SG-1 played a huge part? Until I was a teenager, I wanted to become an Egyptologist. I have quite a few nonfiction books on Egypt, and any time there’s a documentary on about it I will stop everything to watch it. Haha!
Out of the books pictured above, I have read the first four, and I will be reading The Memoirs of Cleopatra by Margaret George sometime in the next year or two.
2) Steampunk! It’s an acquired taste, but I love it so much. I’ve read The Infernal Devices trilogy, the Leviathan trilogy, and the Parasol Protectorate series. I’ll be getting around to The Golden Compass and Airborn sometime this year.
3) Fae, Fairies, Fairfolk, etc. Top line are books I’ve read, bottom are books I want to read.
4) DRAGONS! Considering how much I like dragons, I’m honestly surprised I haven’t ready very many dragon books other than Eragon, and The Hobbit. Fablehaven did have some dragon appearances.
5) I read all of these books because they had some form of magic. There are so many awesome sounding fantasy books with unique magic systems that I can’t wait to get my hands on.
6) Romance (bonus if there’s lots of angst). Paper Princess and Archer’s Voice have been calling my name lately. Have you read them? If so, link your review in the comments so I can check it out! 🙂
7) Historical Fiction guaranteed to make me cry. I’ve read all but the last three!
Annnnd that’s all I can really think of.