1) Heroines described as “badasses”. Because 9 times out of 10 she’s not badass, but arrogant, conceited, narcissistic, and annoying. *coughCelaenaSardothien*
2) Dystopia post-Hunger Games. The savior, the teenage based rebellion, the cliché tropes. Tell me a dystopian book that doesn’t have that formula and I will read it.
3) Love triangles, squares… or octagon. When Literally every guy in the book is not only attractive, but attracted to the main character… It gets old. Fast. I want to see more slow burn romances, and male/female platonic friendships.
4) Fallen Angels. I really hate this genre.
5) Drugs/alcohol. I don’t drink, and I’ve never smoked or touched drugs in my life. If it’s about someone recovering, I’ll read it though.
6) Anything by Maggie Stiefvater. I’ve never liked anything she’s written.
7) Modern Tumblr-esque poetry. Stuff like The Princess Saves Herself In This One, Milk and Honey, Salt, The Chaos of Longing, etc.
8) Autobiographies. I just can’t get into them.
9) “Chick-Lit”. Not only is it full of instalove, a majority of chick-lit is full of sexism, girl hate, and stereotypes.
10) Action heavy books. Action scenes are seriously the worst.